Business Growth Fund - Round 5
Submissions closed at 6:00PM 2 June 2023 (AEST
Before you begin
Please read the information below to assist you in completing your application online.
Please be advised:
- This Expression of Interest (EOI) forms stage 1 of a comprehensive assessment process. Only shortlisted EOI applicants from stage 1 will be invited to submit a full application for stage 2.
- You must be eligible to apply for this grant, ensure you confirm your eligibility before commencing the EOI application.
- Ensure you attach all required documents and/or evidence with your EOI application.
- DESBT won't accept partially completed applications (see Submitting your application for further details).
- IMPORTANT: Please read the information below to assist you in completing your application online.
To be eligible for this grant, your business must have:
- a minimum of 5 and maximum of 49 employees (by headcount) at the time of applying for the grant
- an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- Queensland headquarters
- a minimum trading history of 5 years at the time of applying for the grant
- a minimum turnover of $500,000 for the last financial year
- competitive opportunities in domestic or international markets
- experienced 2 years of high-growth and have clearly defined high-growth and employment opportunities in Queensland
- not been approved for funding under an earlier round of the Business Growth Fund
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
Your business must also maintain this eligibility for the duration of the grant funded activity.
Please ensure you have the following attachments ready for upload before you apply:
- a copy of the business's current business plan and
- a letter from a registered accountant (either Certified Practising Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) or Institute of Public Accountant (IPA)) declaring:
- 2020/21 and 2021/22 turnover and employee headcount
- 2022/23 actual + projected (May and June) turnover and employee headcount.
To upload attachments:
- First, you need to allow enough time for each file to upload before attaching another file.
- Files can be up to 25MB each, but try and keep them to a maximum of 5MB – the larger the file, the longer the upload time.
Filling out the application:
- You may begin anywhere in the application
- Save as you go
- Need help?
- Using this form
- On guidelines, deadlines or questions about the form that the above links don't cover
- Contact the Small Business Hotline on 1300 654 687 during business hours
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote your submission number.
Navigating (moving through) the application form
On every screen (page of the form), you will find a menu linking to every application page. Click the link to jump directly to the page you want.
You can also click 'next page' or 'previous page' on the top or bottom of each page to move forward or backward through the application.
Saving your application
You can save your application as you progress through to submission.
Downloading your application
You can also download any draft or completed application as a PDF. Click on the 'Download PDF' button located at the bottom of the last page of the application form.
Submitting your application
To submit your application, you must Review and Submit it.
The Review page will show you your entire application and any validation errors (in red boxes).
You must resolve all validation errors before you can submit.
Click 'Submit' at the top or bottom of the screen or navigation panel to submit your application.
You can't edit your application or upload attachments once you have submitted it.
Completing an application in a group/team
Several people can work on an application using the same login details if only one person is working at a time. So ensure you save as you go.
Most internet browsers (including Firefox v2.0 and above; Safari; and Google Chrome) have spell checking facilities built in – you can switch this function on or off by adjusting your browser settings.